Nurofen For Children 5 to 12 Years Concentrated Pain & Fever Relief Orange
Nurofen for Children oral suspensions provide fever relief for up to 8 hours**
Fever & pain
Suitable for children 5 to 12 years
Since 1999, Australian parents have trusted Nurofen for Children to help their kids with pain and fever as they grow up. Nurofen for Children starts providing effective relief from fever in just 15 minutes and lasts up to 8 hours**. It contains ibuprofen to effectively relieve common childhood pains such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Teething pain & toothaches
- Sore throats
- Minor aches, sprains and strains
The concentrated formula means easier, lower-volume dosing and every bottle comes with an easy-to-use dosing syringe. It’s also sugar free and colour free, and comes in strawberry and orange flavours.
**Pelen Fet al. Ann Pediatr 1998; 45(10): 719-28, Autrect-Leca E et al. Cutt Med Res Opin 2007; 23(9): 2205-11.
For the temporary relief of pain and fever. This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. Incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Ibuprofen 200mg/5mL oral suspension
Contains sodium chloride, sodium saccharin and wheat starch. Sugar-free. Colour-free. Contains no aspirin, alcohol or aspartame. 30mL (maximum daily dose) contains 13.0g maltitol. Products containing maltitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
Read dosage instructions carefully before use.
- 3‒6 months (average weight 6‒8kg), dose: 1.5‒2.0mL
- 6‒12 months (average weight 8‒10kg), dose: 2.0‒2.5mL
- 1‒3 years (average weight 10‒14kg), dose: 2.5‒3.5mL
- 3‒5 years (average weight 14‒18kg), dose: 3.5‒4.5mL
- 5‒7 years (average weight 18‒22kg), dose: 4.5‒5.5mL
- 7‒9 years (average weight 22‒28kg), dose: 5.5‒7.0mL
- 9‒12 years (average weight 28‒40kg), dose: 7.0‒10mL
Repeat dose every 6‒8 hours as necessary (max 3 doses in 24 hours).
*Do not give to babies under 3 months. Seek medical advice before giving to children under 12 months. Do not exceed the stated dose. For short-term use only. If your child's symptoms persist for more than 48 hours consult your doctor. Children should take plenty of fluids. Do not use if the cap seal is not intact on first opening of the bottle. Maximum Dose in 24 Hours: Maximum 3 doses.
Not for use in babies under 3 months of age. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Excessive use can be harmful and increase the risk of heart attack, stroke or liver damage. If your child's symptoms worsen or persist consult your doctor.
Do not use if:
- you or your child has a stomach ulcer, or other stomach disorders, kidney, liver or heart problems.
- allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines. Stop use and see your doctor immediately if you have an allergic reaction
- you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy Unless a doctor has told you to, do not use:
- if taking other medicines containing ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory medicines or other medications.
- if your child is under 12 months of age
- for more than 3 days at a time
- if you or your child have asthma
- if you are trying to become pregnant or during the first 6 months of pregnancy
- in children suffering from chickenpox (varicella)
- in children suffering from dehydration through diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- if you are aged 65 years or over
- Nurofen’s success is the result of over 30 years of research and development. We are experienced in Children’s fever & pain relief, and we are here to help.
- Nurofen for Children contains ibuprofen which has anti-inflammatory properties and provides effective temporary relief from fever and general pain
- Our great tasting liquid suspensions do not need to be taken with food or water