Cold and flu season is here, and health experts have already tipped 2019 to be one of the worst in years!1 To help Aussies get through this season, Nurofen Cold & Flu has launched five simple steps aimed at taking a holistic approach to fighting a cold or flu.
Did You Know That The Source Of Most Cold And Flu Symptoms Is Inflammation?
The common symptoms many of us experience during a cold or flu - sore throat, running or blocked nose, headaches and sinus pain – are triggered by inflammation in your body2. Taking an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen as part of a holistic healthcare management approach helps to reduce cold and flu symptoms and help you get on with your life.
E.R.A.S.E. Your Cold & Flu Symptoms
E.R.A.S.E Your Cold & Flu Symptoms multi-action plan highlights five easy to remember steps to help manage cold and flu symptoms to help get you back to everyday life. They are:
- Eat Healthy: Eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables which are full of vitamins and minerals to help support the immune system3 as well as food that is low in grease to avoid extra work for the digestive system.4
- Rest Up: Sleep and rest is important to help your body recover from the symptoms of cold and flu.
- Anti-inflammatory: Anti-inflammatory treatments such as Nurofen Cold & Flu reduce inflammation thereby relieving symptoms of a cold or flu at the source.
- Sip Water: Staying well-hydrated will keep the kidneys happy to balance electrolytes, filter waste and expel mucus more easily.5
- Exercise (gently): Staying active can help the body recover from infection. Gentle exercise, like walking for 30 minutes a day is a great option.6
How Nurofen Cold & Flu Works
Nurofen Cold and Flu has a multi action that not only relieves pain and congestion but also relieves the source of the symptoms by reducing the inflammation.
Nurofen Cold & Flu contains ibuprofen and a decongestant, phenylephrine (PE) that helps relieve nasal congestion.
Treat the source of your cold & flu symptoms by reducing the inflammation and relieving nasal congestion with Nurofen Cold & Flu.
This article is for general information only and not intended as a substitute for medical advice. All information presented on these web pages is not meant to diagnose or prescribe. In all health related matters, always consult your healthcare professional.
For the temporary relief of cold and flu symptoms. This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. Incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
1Scott, S 2019, ‘Australia on track for killer flu season as experts urge public to get vaccinated’, ABC News, 10 April, accessed 20 May 2019: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-10/australian-flu-season-concerns-as-experts-urge-vaccinations/10987700
2 Eccles R. Lancet Infect Dis 2005; 5(11): 718-25.
3 Hosseini B, et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2018;108(1):136-155.
4 Weir SBS, Akhondi H. 2019. StatPearls [Internet]. Bland Diet. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK538142/ (Accessed 30 April 2019).
5 Rubin BK. Transl Respir Med 2014;2:6.
6 Australian Government. 2014. Department of Health. Australia’s Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Adults (18-64 years). Available from: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-pubhlth-strateg-phys-act-guidelines#npa1864 (Accessed 30 April 2019)