Nurofen for Children Baby 3+ Months Pain and Fever Relief Concentrated Liquid 200mg/5mL Ibuprofen Strawberry 50mL
Nurofen for Children Baby 3+Months is a concentrated ibuprofen formula providing up to 8 hour fever relief^ for your baby, that can be taken on empty tummies. You do the fun and games, we’ll do the up to 8 hour fever relief ^. For the temporary relief of pain associated with:
-Sprains & strains
-Cold & flu symptoms
For the temporary relief of pain and inflammation. This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. Incorrect use could be harmful. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Not for use in babies under 3 months of age. ^Autret-Leca et al, 2007 (RB sponsored).
Active ingredient: Ibuprofen 200mg
sodium chloride and sodium saccharin.
30ml (maximum daily dose) contains 13g of maltitol.
Products containing maltitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
IMPORTANT: READ DOSAGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE.
Read and retain carton. Suitable for children 3 months to 12 years. Repeat dose every 6 to 8 hours as necessary for children up to 12 years (max 3 doses in 24 hours). If your child's weight does not correspond to their age in the table, choose the dose for their weight. Children should take plenty of fluids. Check the child resistant cap mechanism is engaged after used by tightening cao until cap clicks when opening is attempted.
• 3‒6 months (average weight 6‒8kg), dose: 1.5-2mL
• 6‒12 months (average weight 8‒10kg), dose: 2-2.5mL
• 1‒3 years (average weight 10‒14kg), dose: 2.5-3.5mL
• 3‒5 years (average weight 14‒18kg), dose: 3.5-4.5mL
• 5‒7 years (average weight 18‒22kg), dose: 4.5-5.5mL
• 7‒9 years (average weight 22‒28kg), dose: 5.5-7mL
• 9‒12 years (average weight 28‒40kg), dose: 7-10mL
Shake the bottle well and use the syringe provided to measure the dose accurately. Push the syringe firmly into the neck of the bottle. Turn the bottle upside down and gently pull the plunger down, drawing the liquid into the syringe. Turn the bottle right way up and gently twist the syringe to remove. To dose your child, press the plunge slowly down to release the liquid. After use replace the cap and wash the separated syringe parts in warm water and allow to dry (do not boil).
Not for use in babies under 3 months of age. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Excessive use can be harmful and increase the risk of heart attack, stroke or liver damage. If your child's symptoms worsen or persist consult your doctor. Do not give more than 3 doses in 24 hours.
Do not use if:
- Your child has a stomach ulcer, or other stomach disorders, kidney, liver or heart problems
- Allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines. Stop use and see your doctor immediately if you have an allergic reaction
- You are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
Unless a doctor has told you to, do not use:
- If taking other medicines containing ibuprofen or other anti-inflammatory medications
- If your child is under 12 months of age
- For more than 3 days at a time
- If you or your child have asthma
- If you are trying to become pregnant or during the first 6 months of pregnancy
- In children suffering from chickenpox (varicella)
- In children suffering from dehydration through diarrhoea and/or vomiting
- If you are aged 65 years or over
- Nurofen’s success is the result of over 30 years of research and development. We are experienced in Children’s fever & pain relief, and we are here to help.
- Nurofen for Children contains ibuprofen which has anti-inflammatory properties and provides effective temporary relief from fever and general pain
- Our great tasting liquid formula and soft chew capsules do not need to be taken with food or water